Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How did you meet your spouse?

I'm not really asking a question. I'm wanting responses. My heart is breaking from reading all these questions from people who are ending their marriages and it's making me think about how I started mine and how much I love my husband. So, for everyone who wants to take a happy walk down memory lane, talk about how you met your spouse, what made you fall in love with them, and how long you've been together and any hard times you made it through. I feel like some of us need a breath of happy, fresh air!How did you meet your spouse?
i've been with my fiance for 3 years! I met him cuz he was my next door neighbor when we were 16. I came up to him and starting talking to him and we became best friends. We were always together and one day he kissed me and we starting dating. I fell in love with him because i can tell him anything and i feel so comfortable around him. He makes me laugh and we have so many inside jokes! We share the same hopes and dreams and he makes me happy everyday!





One of the worst hard times for us is when he crashed his three wheeler and broke his collar bone. He couldn't do anything for weeks. So i sat with him every day the whole day and took care of him...How did you meet your spouse?
I got kicked out of my house, moved in with my friend and her family for a while, my husband moved in across the street from where she lives. He had invited us over to hang out. =) Before we had officially met though, we noticed each other at the grocery store. Checked each other out....it was love at first sight. We became a couple three days after we met, and got married after knowing each other for 10 months. In August we will be married 4 years. We have definitely been through some hard times. I had an ectopic pregnancy (3 months into our relationship). That was so hard to go through. It still makes me sad. Also he traveled A LOT, he was gone at least every other week from the time we got married for about 2 1/2 years total. We have been fighting a lot lately. It makes me so sad. We are not divorcing, we just have to work on being less snappy and mean with each other. We generally have a wonderful time together. I just dont know why we are fighting so much lately. =( I love him to pieces. You are right, people need to step back and remember why the fell in love with their spouse, instead of being so quick to divorce.
My husband and I met for the first time at a VTM game when I was in the beginning stages of my divorce. We ran into each other again in Denny's while we were both out with friends (that happened to know one another). A few months later we started working together. I was his boss (that was the last time I was his boss, LOL). We started talking while we were at work, then we started hanging out (socially) outside of work. Eventually, it became just the two of us spending time together, driving around anchorage in the middle of the night, just getting to know each other. Over the next few months we fell madly in love. He met my children and fell in love with them. For my youngest daughter's (at the time) first birthday, he made her cake (and frosting) from scratch. We'd been together officially for a little over a month. I knew right then he was a keeper. We've been through a great deal since then, from custody issues with my oldest three and my idiot ex, to jealousy and infidelity, to both of us being unemployed, really hard pregnancy, and everything in between. And we're still going strong and working on moving to California to get full custody of the older kids back. He's awesome. I'm so glad he came into my life.
I am sorry but both of my wives didn't want to overcome the obstacles of life and chose to go around them tossing me to the side. I hope that you are successful as it would be a breath of fresh air indeed and keep the faith that it still exists.
We met online. He had me at ';hello';. He moved 2500 miles so that we could start our lives together. That was 10 years ago. We have had some rough times, but we've come through it stronger than ever.
WE MET @ CHURCH , HE MOVED INTO TOWN FOR A JOB AND CAME TO CHURCH WITH HIS AUNT I INVITED HIM TO SUNDAY SCHOOL (YOUTH) I WAS 17 AND HE WAS 20 WE WERE INGAGED LESS THAN 5MOS LATER AFTER 2 REAL DATES AND BEEN MARRIED FOR 29YR COME MAY 07 WE HAVE BEEN THREW HEALTH PROMBLES HIM A HEAT ATTACK ME A STROKE AND DIABETIC OUR KIDS WERE SICK ALOT WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG BUT OUR LOVE JUST BROUGHT US CLOSER I CANT IMAGINE MY LIFE WITH OUT HIM WE ARENT RICH BUT WE GET BY WE KNOW GOD HAS HIS HAND ON US OUR YOUNGEST OF 3 SONS CALLED YUS AND TOLD US HIS GIRL FRIEND WAS GONNA HAVE A BABY AND HE JUST GOT INTO A GOOD COLLEGE AND WHE WAS JUST 16 I THOUGHT WE WERE GONNA DIE BUT THEY GOT MARRIED AND MOVED IN WITH US AND WE HAVE A GREAT 3YR OLD GRANDSON THAT KEEPS US YOUNG OUR SON IS DOING GREAT IN COLLEGE AND OUR DAUGHTER IN LAW WE LOVE SHE IS ABOUT TO FINISH HOME SCHOOL AND GRADUATE WE ARE PROUD OF HER SHE WILL BE THE 1ST IN HER FAMILY IN 4 GENARATIONS TO GRADUATE HS WE ARE PLANNING HER A BIG PARTY (SUPRISE) WE HAVE 2 OTHER SONS AND THEY ARE 26AND 25 WITH OUR YOUNGEST BEING 22 JUST RAISING 3 THAT CLOSE IN AGE IS A LOAD BUT WE ALWAYS HAD FUN AND ENJOYED BEING COACH S DENLEDERS AND EVEN SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHERS NOW THEY ARE ALL GROWN WE ARE ENJOYING OUR GRAND KIDS OUR OLDEST LIVES W/ US HES 3 THEN OUR OLEST SON HAS A 9MOS OLD SON AND A DAUGHTER DUE IN JULY WE ARE SO PROUD OF ALL OUR KIDS OUR MIDDLE SON IS GOING TO SCHOOL AND HE HAS A GREAT JOB WE WERE JUST TALKING THE OTHER DAY IF WE HADNT HAD GODD AND EACH OTHER IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HARD BUT BECAUSE WE LOVE EACH OTHER AND GOD EVEN THE HARDD TIMES WERE O K CAUSE WE KNEW THAT WE HAD EACH OTHER AND GOD NO MATTER WHAT NEXT YR IS OUR 30TH AND WE ARE SAVING TO TAKE OUR WHOLE FLY TO DISNEY WORLD IT SEEMS TO ME THAT DIVORCE IS USED TO GET OUT OF A MARRIAGE WHEN YOU SEE IT TAKES WORK COMPRISE AND A LOT OF UN SELFISH LOVE TO MAKE IT WORK AND THAT IS JUST SAD NO ONE LOVES ENOUGHT TO FORGIVE AND WORK ON THE PROMBLES
Unfortunately, I am one of those divorced people, but we're both better off for it. We met in college, when he was dating my roommate. (!)





My current boyfriend and I met online on a networking website - we had a friend in common.
Met at work 28 years ago.


Married 26 years.


No really bad times.
I have been married for 7 months now and I'm sad to hear that there are so many people getting divorce now a days. I met my husband at a local bar the first day I meet him I know he was it.. I guess I was to attracted to his maturity and sense of dressing. We dated for three years and decided to move together not even a year passed by until we got in engaged and then 2 months later we got married in Vegas. I love him to death. Of course we have our problems here and there but we are sticking through it together until death!
We met via wrong phone number. Married exactly a year later and now we are expecting our first baby! Crazy how things happen.
I met my spouse on a blind date. My now sister in law was dating his brother at the time and as I had been stood up for New Year's Eve, she fixed me up with my spouse on a blind date. We hated eachother from the get go! Well after a couple Rum and cokes we got talking and started to date on a steady basis. On our second date he told me he was going to marry me on April 12, l980.We dated for five years, got married on April 12, l980 and have two beautiful grown daughters who are graduating college and have great careers ahead of them. We have been married for 27 years now. He basically was my best friend and the one I could tell everything to and confide in. He is a big Teddy Bear and very sensitive and I really liked that aspect of him. He also was very good at handling money and that peaked my interest. He is always willing to listen, find a solution, and keeps us all well and cared for. It isn't always a bed of roses but it helps to have someone with a great sense of humor to go through the rough times.
I met my husband eight years ago, during our confirmation retreat.
i met my husband at a party when i was 17 and we have been together ever since im 26 now
I first met my wife at the airport. I just took a random trip to a certain city in California. I was coming down the escalator and she was waiting down below. I looked at her and thought to myself ';I am going to marry this beautiful woman'; so after convincing her I wasn't some weirdo she agreed to go out with me.





JK We knew each other from online, but our first meeting was at the airport.





gw
Well my boyfriend is not my spouse but I still want to answer this question!!!!! But me and my boyfriend met at this party and we started talking and he asked me for my number a year later we had a beautiful baby boy!!!!!!!!! We r an on off couple But he will always be my soul mate!!!!!!! I love him more than life its self!!!!!!!! He is my knight in shining armor!!!!!!!!!!
I married the big brother of my best childhood friend. We never even noticed each other as children, and a few years ago when I went back to my childhood town to see my friend, he was there, and we started dating. He is wonderful, and I love him more than anything. We've been married for 2 1/2 years now and it's been the best time of my life!
We met officially at the gym! It was funny though because we had been running into each other for over a year before that... we even worked at the same company (unbeknownst to me!) for awhile and our grandparents were actually friends back in the day (even though we grew up in 2 different states!) We didn't learn all of this crazy stuff until we started dating.





Together we have been through a lot, including the tragic death of our only child, but our love and committment has gotten us through everything!
I worked at Gap with his little brother. I had just come out of a 10 year relationship with someone else. I had NO desire to date anyone. Anyway, his brother begged for a long time for me to go out on a blind date with his brother. He kept telling me we were perfect for each other. Finally, I gave in. On our first date, I knew we would never make it, but we became great friends. We were friends for like 3 years and one night he asked if he could kiss me. I was so grossed out I left. I got home and started thinking more about it and thought maybe it wasn't so crazy. We married a year later and have two beautiful girls.
ME AND MY HUBBY MET IN A CLUB. WE DATED FOR 2 1/2 YRS. AND RECENTLY MARRIED. WE ARE EXPECTING OUR FIRST BORN IN OCTOBER.
I met my soon to be husband at a soccer field. I had just gone out with my girlfriend so I was all dressed up and she was off fighting with her husband. I saw this man and honestly, I knew I was going to marry him the second I saw him! I was looking for a ring...he walked by and I said hi, that was about it. Then a car pulled up next to my girlfriend and her husband. It was him, he was showing them his car he wrecked, even though they'd already seen it. After he left, he called her husband to ask about me, so they exchanged our numbers. Now we've been together for 4 years and will be getting married in May! So far we haven't really had any hard times. It seems like everything just works. I know we will have difficult times, but the thing that's different than any other relationships I've had is we talk and have a great respect for each other, we are a team.
My husband and I met in Middle School and we went out for what in middle was a milestone.. a month the I brok eup with him and before I left he asked me for a kiss! i had never kissed anybody before so I said no! he begged and he gave the cutest smile so I said why not? so we kissed by this huge tree! It was cute! Even though we broke up we stayed friends..Whenever he missed school Id pick up his homework and take it 2 his house, and he would always copy of me, and we were close then a couple of years later his family and him moved to another state and we continued writting to each other for 8 years! On New Years Eve of 2005 we happened to be in the same State and we met up and we fell in love that instant! We havent been apart for more than 1 day since then!he proposed on July 05 We got married in Nov. 05 and now have a 7 month old!


Thank you for letting me tell you about my wonderful experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment