Monday, August 16, 2010

How many of you are looking for a wife or husband based on beliefs as opposed to ';marrying for love';?

I believe that real love is about keeping a sacred vow to be faithful to your spouse for life. Attraction and affection should be part of the marriage, too, but I don't think it's good to ';fall in love'; (that's an emotion, as opposed to the kind of love where you are willing to give your life for someone.) before marriage. It seems like most people these days think that's the only way to do it; when I tell people that I want to marry someone based on a similar belief system, they think that's strange or boring - or both!





Are there any people out there who married someone based on mutual beliefs? Is anyone out there searching for a spouse with a similar religion or belief system? For married people - was it hard to find your husband or wife? How did you go about looking for them? How did you finally find them?How many of you are looking for a wife or husband based on beliefs as opposed to ';marrying for love';?
I was a mail-order bride. I was proposed to in the first letter he sent me; and I accept in my first letter back. We met face-to-face for 9 days one month prior to our marriage. That was 13 years ago. Love came after we were married, but we had so much in common that I knew he was a man I could love. We build our marriage from the ground up on honest, fidelity and mutual respect. I don't regret it for an instant and would certainly recommend that method as a way to meet the perfect mate. The only flaw in it is when one or both partners are bluntly honest about who they are and what they want out of life, love and the relationship.How many of you are looking for a wife or husband based on beliefs as opposed to ';marrying for love';?
Well I am in a marriage where I had all those silly little notions of love and happily ever after...but we are totally different people with nothing in common...and all that little happy crap fades from the beginning...then your just left with arguments over whose mother taught us how to fold the shirts properly.





I say marry someone LIKE YOURSELF, otherwise...the lovey dovey fades and your miserable
I wasn't looking. You find the best when you're not searching. Our beliefs are very different. He's a conservative and I'm a liberal. He's catholic and I'm an atheist. And we love each other very much. You meet, you fall in love. You accept their belief because you love them.
I agree with you. Most people marry for love but I think love can be developed over time and in the long run its better to marry someone who have the same values and beliefs as you.
I think God chooses a special someone for everyone. And I have met my special someone and I LOVE him. Marrying someone just based on similar beliefs is like a buisness deal lol...wheres the passion:)
negative.. i married for love.. every thing else did not matter.. against every ones advice.. i did it.. six years later i could not be happier and i could not imagine my life any other way!
i married for love
my first marriage was because i felt it was the christian thing to do. we were living together and i was hearing from her side and mine';Well, you two are living like you're married. When are you getting married?'; I wasn't ready and acted without using common sense. me and my fiance now are so in tune that it's the best relationship i have ever had. Better than i have with my mom or anyone else period. we have strong beliefs in ourselves. More than just love. we know this is right because we're ready mentally and spiritually(organised religion didn't play a role). It's a great feeling to be conscious of our union. ';The paper'; is just a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment