Friday, August 20, 2010

Remembering past loves. Fair to your life partner?

I'm a pretty rational person, and I love my husband and plan to always be with him. Yet I often have very vivid dreams about a particular past love, that won't stop recurring. Every so often, like once a year, or two years, I start thinking about him and wondering how he is and what went wrong with us or rather what could have been. I cant stop this happening. Does anyone else have this? I have to say again I am totally happy and settled with my husband. But in a way, I had to choose between the two as I met them and fell in love around withing the same year (complicated). And I don't use the work 'love' lightly as I have only had 2 real loves in my life, although I have had plenty of other boyfriends. What are your thoughts?Remembering past loves. Fair to your life partner?
The fact of the matter is, your past is part of your life, and it cannot be erased. It should be fair to your life partner when you remember things like past boyfriends. If he loves you, he will embrace your past as well. And if he really does love you, he wouldn't question anything or be uncomfortable with things like this. As for thinking about other past loves and what to do about it, go with the flow is my approach. Thinking too much can really confuse your brain and you won't react rationally after a while(without being conscious of it) and you'll regret it later. My advice is simply just to be happy and don't think! Haha, hard, i know! :) Good luck.Remembering past loves. Fair to your life partner?
It's all about you, isn't it?
That's normal because everyone has past loves in their life. Everyone dreams about them.


Husbands realize we women have had past loves that we always remember and they accept it. Mine does.


My husband knows about my past 2 loves and I know about his three. It's in the past and we never forget the past. We always dream about the past.





Every year I dream/think about my first fiance who was murdered in 1993. Then there is my first ';partner'; whom I dated for four months who I wonder about, but know has been married for the past seven years to someone who tolerates him.


I met my husband months after my first fiance died and after I knew my first ';partner';. My first ';partner'; never loved me back, but my first fiance was my soulmate. I love my husband, but not the same way I loved my soulmate. I hope that makes sense.





You're not alone in this.
You had only two real loves in your life. The reason why the previous one keeps popping


up in your memory is because it did have the chance to mature and metamorphose into habit. The actual one has become a piece of museum.





I hope you don't share your memories with your husband because he might decide to rush you into a change from an old fantasy into a new reality which will cause you a lot of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment