Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Husbands: What is being in love? How do you know you are in love with your wife?

My husband says he loves me, has very strong feelings for me but that he doesn't think it's enough to maintain a happy marriage - but that he wants to do serious work on himself and make changes so that he can learn how to love and feel in love. He seems to think it's his problem that he's always had - he never understood what being in love means; so he thinks he has unrealistic expectations. I tend to agree with him, but I've also been in this relationship for 4 years; we are very good friends but he always is a bit distant emotionally. I get fed up, but he doesnt want me to leave him. I'm confused. Is it me or does he just not know how to love and bond with someone else? Should I wait and let him go to counseling and HOPE that he ';falls in love'; with me? Whatever that means.....Husbands: What is being in love? How do you know you are in love with your wife?
I'm sorry you're going through this. Tough situation to be in; however, no one always feels 100% in love all the time when they are married. But I'm sure you mean something different here. He obviously has made you a part of his world that he values, as he doesn't want you to leave him. Counseling would be good for him AND for you to determine what is the best course of action for you. He's being honest about his feelings and that should be applauded; however, that doesn't mean you have to wait for him to come around. Do what's best for you with the information presented to you. That's all you can do. Check his actions more say, than his words and you'll know what is ';enough'; for you or what isn't. Good luck with everything!Husbands: What is being in love? How do you know you are in love with your wife?
Is he working to support the two of you? Does he think of what you might feel or want before he thinks of himself? Then he loves you.
Didn't he think about this before he married you?

No comments:

Post a Comment