Friday, August 20, 2010

What are good ways to be romantic with your spouse?

I have known my husband 18 years this September and in October we will be married 14 years. We have a good marraige that is founded on the Lord and by the grace of God we continue to do well. But sometimes when you are in a marraige covenant for a long time the commitment gets casual and not as romantic. We are best friends but what are good ways to get the romance and the passion back in marriage, besides sex? in your marraige how do you keep the romance alive in the midst of every day life? what are creative ways to fall in love with eacother on a daily basis?What are good ways to be romantic with your spouse?
Spend quality time with each other without the TV being on. My husband and I like to take walks together and just spend that time alone can be a romantic walk. Go out on a date to a nice restaurant, but do that twice a month or if you have the funds, do that once a week. After dinner, go out for some coffee or ice-cream. Give each other a shoulder and neck rub before going to bed, it is so relaxing! My husband and I keep the romance alive by giving each other hugs and kisses every chance we get and by leaving notes to each other just to say, ';I love You.'; Or, by sharing an organic chocolate bar. What I like is when my husband makes me a hot mocha coffee (espresso) and brings it to me while I am still in bed, he sits it on the table and sits by me and smiles. Just that smile, makes me feel good and it shows me that he loves me. So, doing things for each other when they least expect it, shows you that you love him.





Hugs and kisses goes a long way to put that spice back into your marriage, along with the other loving things you do already for him, even if it is just one little favor of act of kindness. If you can show him appreciation, respect, and love.....nothing can't go wrong. (smile)





I also would consider you reading ';The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands'; and ';The Proper Care and Feeding of Marriage.'; I challenge the both of you to read them together before going to bed.What are good ways to be romantic with your spouse?
Make sure you call him tell him how much you love him and want him. Touch him, everywhere but there. Do something special for him unexpectedly several times a week.
I am sure that there are many ways, right now what I can think of that is really sweet to do is to talk about the first times you saw each other, kinda look back and maybe tell him things that you were thinking about when you met him. Telling some secrets that maybe you have kept (sweet ones, i don't mean that you keep bad secrets). Go back and forth and see what he can tell you about what he thought those first few months or years together.
Flirt with him. Remember how it was when you first fell in love.
Try going for a couples massage and then take a good hour or so road trip to a special hotel. Maybe a hotel with a hot tub in the room. Spread red rose petals over the bed. Wear something cute. Bust open a bottle of champagne and toast to the long and great marriage you have together....
surprise him with a candle lit dinner, nice bottle of wine, soft music in the back ground, maybe some dancing, offer to give him a soothing massage, after all this, he should carry you off to the bedroom, were you both can get a good nights sleep. well you did say ';besides sex';.
Turn your lights down low and pull your window curtain, oh let your love come shining in, into our lives again, saying ooh I love ya and I want you to know right now, that I ... I wanna give you some love, I wanna give you some good, good loving





Bob Marley %26amp; Lauren Hill - Turn Your Lights Down Low
i think the ans is just be happy and show the happyness to your partner
Well, I have only been married two years, but I do know what you mean. We even now, find ourselves forgetting to be romantic as we go through our busy schedules. That is why we are taking a long vacation this year, just the two of us. We are going to a very quiet peaceful place, renting a cabin and just focusing on each other. On a daily basis we try to leave little notes and do special things that keep the romance alive. I highly recommend the book 1001 Ways to Be Romantic: Books: Gregory J. P. Godek. It has some wonderful ideas and we have put them to good use.
I used to make lunches for hubby and hide a note in his lunch box sometimes inside the sandwich until he nearly choked. I make him breakfast in bed, run a bath and massage and lather him and see if you end up in ther with him. Have a picnic lunch on a secluded place.

No comments:

Post a Comment