Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I just want to see if people agree with me on this. Voice your own opinions too.?

Am I the only one who feels like you can't fall in love twice? Like think about it.. If you get married and your ';in love with each other'; and then get a divorce. How were you in love? Love gets you through anything, and love doesn't give up. I understand if something drastic happens, like if your husband or wife is a mad serial killer and you don't love them anymore but seriously? You can't just get married. Be ';in love'; and then..fall out of love, and fall in love again with another person. Love is serious. You can't just run around saying you love all of these people. I believe you can only truly be in love with one person. If you say you love somebody then you don't end up not being with that person..I don't see that as being in love? Sorry, I have just been thinking about this so much lately and I just really want to know if anyone agrees or disagrees. And if you have some way to prove me wrong then please say so!I just want to see if people agree with me on this. Voice your own opinions too.?
Hmmm. First I want to say that I think this is a very good question. I agree when you say that love is serious and you can not just run around saying you love all these people. And there are many times people ';claim'; to be in love and are not or get married for the wrong reasons. Love is special and takes time to truely devolop, people may mistake things like lust for what they think is ';the real thing';.





Yet I do have to disagree when you say that you are only limited to falling in love once. Think about it, you can love many people at the same time, your husband, children, sister,brother, mother, father, and the love for all those people is always genuine. In saying that, it is also possible to fall in love with someone, but over time that person may grow and change and no longer be the person you fell in love with. I think that the divorce rate is hgiher now because it is more available and people are more likely to just give up. Love would not let you give up, but if the person is growing emotionally at a different pace and one can not catch up or they grow in complete oppisite directions, it is possible to fall out of love and find someone else who you are now closer with to fall in love all over again.I just want to see if people agree with me on this. Voice your own opinions too.?
Well if you really love a guy and you breakup you can't just spend all your life alone or with a person you don't love. There's always more love somewhere in yourself just reach down there a find it. What im trying to say is there is a a second love for everybody in this place. Thank you :).
u can fall out of love. i have. love is when u break up with someone u still love them. u can be in love. like i had a guy i dated him over a yr. i told him i love him. but we broke up. i still love him. but im not in love anymore. its possible u just have to go through that. and yes love can get u through anything. but if u fall out of love like not tlkin, too controling, its not anyones fault.but u can fall out of love.
Relationships take A LOT more than just love to survive. I think that once you love someone then those feelings will always be there. But people do move on from relationships for certain reasons. They eventually find someone new and may fall in love again.
.......confusing.





but yeah, i always believed that real love will last forever =P Other people are just hugeeee crushes.
I agree with you!


You can only be in love once.


But maybe if you say you love someone and don't end up with them, then you don't really love them.
You act like people cant change because they totally can. Some people are just not the same from when you first met them.
Love and Lust are two diffrent things, i am 17 and i want more than just sex.
I agree with Bee, if you want to stick with the ';you only fall in love once';.
I agree for the most part. I believe true love only occurs once, and lasts for a lifetime.





BUT: Even though a relationship ends, that doesn't mean that someone can't still be in love. It all depends on how and who ended that relationship. It only takes one person to walk away from a relationship - nobody has to come to agreements to split up (unless you're married and even then one person can be totally against it.) There are tons of people who deal with having their significant other walking out on them even though they truly loved them. That isn't something they could change - not even after pleading.





Sometimes you can't help if you're not with the person you love. Especially in cases where the person you love runs from you, or if they pass away.





I do however, believe, that someone cannot claim to love two people or have loved twice. There is no past tense to love, it is either with you forever or never was.





There are some huge differences between the feelings that occur when we like someone - but because the majority of us desire to be in love then I think a lot of people just over-react when they have any slight attraction to another and automatically label it as love. People just can't deal with the fact that ';love comes to those who wait.'; That is why the saying ';I love you'; is spread like STD's.
Love is powerful and remains only if two people work on it. You might love someone or be on love with someone, but unless you continue to work on that love, it will fade and you will fall out of love.





That's why marriage is hard. If you're constantly bickering about bills and problems, and don't take time to forget about those things and find ways to keep your love alive, you're going to eventually hate eachother.





It's easy to love many different people. I love my mom, my siblings, my dog, my cat, my nieces, etc. I was also in love with my ex bf, and my ex ex boyfriend.





That's why we have hearts and emotions, we can love many different people things and places.
i sort of agree. i think youre right you cant fall in love with a ton of people because love is special and should only be dealt with the upmost care. but if youre in love with someone then you break up i think youll love them forever and if you say you fall out of love...then i dont think you were ever in love to begin with. its a serious thing and its not a skill or a hobby you can perfect. its hard to find but its the closest thing we have to magic and when you do find it, it feels incredible. :)
Just because a person divorces does not mean there wasn't love. There is all kinds of love but when it comes to romance, many people confuse lust with love. You can love someone but not be able to live with them and especially if the other person doesn't want to put forth the effort it takes to make a marriage work. Marriage is not one sided and that is the problem. That said, you are right in that too many people don't try to work out their marital problems and it is much easier to get the divorce rather than put any effort into fixing the problems. You can be in love with more than one person but you can only commit one to a marriage. That is where people stumble. They fall in love with that other person while they are supposed to be committed and they have affairs and cheat rather than keep faithful to the person they promised to be one with. I love two different men, but one is my husband and I refuse to allow any impulse to ruin things in my marriage, so I don't act on the other man I love. It is hard, but marriage is about honoring the promise you made to stay faithful to that one person no matter what. Make no mistake....there can be more than one love. People don't ';fall out of love';, they fall out of lust and those people acted impulsively and didn't think before they committed to marriage. Their feelings of love just changed from lust to not wanting to be true to the marriage now that the ';newness'; has worn off and they now have to do a little work. Make no mistake on that one either....marriage is work but worth it if you both want to be successful in the relationship. Communication is another key note. I could go on but this is long enough and I think you get the idea. You can love more than one person but you have to honor the commitment to the one you chose to take the big marital step with.

No comments:

Post a Comment