Friday, August 20, 2010

How did your relationship with your significant other change after the baby?

I love my husband dearly. We've been married for almost 3 years, and we don't really have any major issues, aside from small bickering now and then. I don't sleep in the same bed as him though because our mattress is too soft for me and I feel more comfortable on the couch. Is there anything wrong with that? We have no intimacy issues or anything I just prefer not to share a bed with him.





Also I want to know how relationships changed after the baby came. Did it get weaker, stronger, fall apart, etc.?





Thanks!How did your relationship with your significant other change after the baby?
haha I understand not wanting to share a bed. My husband is a bad dreamer and throws his arms about all night. It only took me getting hit once for us to get a Cali. King. All is great now. Our relationship is still the same as before. But this isn't our first child. We've been married 8 years and I still love him as much as ever. :)How did your relationship with your significant other change after the baby?
I can't comment on the main question b/c I have no children, but as far as not sleeping together, that is not a big deal at all. Some people really prefer sleeping alone, or, as in your case, maybe the bed isn't very comfortable. I love cuddling in bed more than anything in the world but when it's time to sleep I like my own personal space. I can't relax when someone is right up next to me.
Well, it's not really a problem if you guys prefer that kind of setting. Regarding the baby, of course it should make your relationship stronger and closer since its one thing that will bind you guys forever and maybe, it will also bring more intimacy to your relationship.
After a baby comes it gets stronger in a sense but weaker in a sense you are more strong cause you share a human being that you brought into this world and it gets weaker cause you are moer tired and you just want to sleep cause of staying up with the baby all the time
Mine did. We love eachother but we've become more roommates than lovers. We still give an occasional kiss and still say I love you, but there's no passion behind that.





No everyone changes though, some couples change for the better.
Our life now revolves around our son. If you are more comfortable on the couch then that is ok...you are pregnant that is your right, to be comfortable.


Our marriage has mostly remained the same. A few things that changed would be my husband is more in tuned to my needs somehow. He helps me more around the house, with laundry or taking our son out to play so I can clean. Since he stays home with our son when I work 2 days in the week, he knows what I go through during the day so he understands that I can't get it all done and he doesn't expect anything of me.


And since I work full time, I understand how he feels when he comes home from work and needs to relax for a little bit.


I find that we compliment each other and where one falls the other picks up...vice versa. All this has come around since our son was born. So things are better in our relationship.
Right after the baby was born, I would say it made us much closer. As time has gone on, it has made us drift apart some (my baby is 11 months old).





I think we are still trying to work out time for ourselves (together and separate) and not feeling guilty about leaving the baby. We are also going thru a difficult phase with baby waking constantly and also wakign at 5 AM and not wanting to go back to bed. We are both exhausted and have no time for ourselves - we both work full-time and are worn out by 9 PM.





We do tend to get frustrated with each other more easily now, BUT we also apologize and talk about our feelings more than before. I guess we feel we need to make an extra effort because of the baby.





I'm hoping this is just a phase because we really need to get back to our ';couple time';.

No comments:

Post a Comment