Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How did you know your husband was ';the one';?

I'm going to try to explain this the best I can.





I have read dozens and dozens of stories about women and men who met their lovers and just ';knew'; they were the one, either by the 2nd date, the minute they laid eyes on him or her, or a couple months in.


There are stories where they both knew on the first date,


or the girl knew way back in 7th grade, and the guy realized it years later, ect.


But for the people who just knew within the first few days, how?





I ask because I have that feeling now, and it is so foreign to me. I've known him for a few months, and quite a few weeks ago I realized I ';just KNEW.'; But this is so hard for me, because I feel like I'm crazy! I know he hasn't realized it yet, but it's like this gut instinct, and I have honestly never really had a gut instinct before, that I can remember.


It is so frustrating because I have this feeling, I just knoooow it! But I don't want to wait a few years to find that I fall in love with a guy I haven't even met yet and this guy I talk about now is just a friend of mine that falls out of my life in a year or so, you know what I'm saying?





I mean, I have been in long-term relationships before, some lasting months, some years, but I have never felt this way initially. I have never sat down and been like ';I'm too young to even know what I want, but this man is the one for me'; after a week or so. I just don't want to wait it out to find it was just some stupid feeling I had once, because if this is just some stupid feeling then I don't know what a gut feeling is.


I guess only time will tell.





So my question is, for the people who have felt this way before, what were you feeling when you ';knew';? I am not confused or doubtful about the WAY I feel, just the feeling itself (I know this isn't making sense, hahahh).





Sorry, I tried the best I could. Thanks so much for any answers!How did you know your husband was ';the one';?
wow. that's so weird. i think i mite fall in that category ';i knew in 7th grade...and the guy realized it years later'; I actually did meet my best friend in 7th grade. We're freshman in college now... 6 yrs down the line. I still have inside butterflies. I look forward to his txts. I always want it to be him. But this is secret!! i haven't told him how i feel. I'm just gonna deal with it. :/ Maybe he will realize he loves me...when we're older.





I've always secretly liked my best friend. I love him to death. It's been 6 years, he's one of those ppl that can make you laugh and feel good in any situation. We've always been there for each other. But just as friends. I think something is going to happen in a few years-- after he goes through his teenage phase. I'm 18 turning 19. He's 19. We're young and just dating other people for fun. He doesn't want to settle, and that's how I look at life too.





Who really knows what will happen. I wish it would though. =] He's my best friend in the whole entire world. i just love this guy. even though he can be a lil arrogant sometimes. lol. he's just great. ah! haha. pray for me that things work out in the future. if it was meant to be....then it was meant to be. If not... it'll be ok.





if only life were like a fairytale...oh how beautiful and utterly fantastic that would be. =]





As for you, those crazy emotions are there for a reason. listen to them. your heart will surprise you...it has a mind all in its own. oceans of love to you.





-MiaHow did you know your husband was ';the one';?
I knew I wanted to marry my husband on our first date. I knew because of the way he made me feel. It was a feeling I never had before and no one else made me feel that way. I would say that's how you know. We have been married for 14 years now and are still very happy. Good Luck!
I knew I wanted to marry my husband our first date because he wasn't like any guy I'd ever been with, and he was sincere. At first I thought it was just lust or puppy love because I didn't understand why every time my phone rang I jumped up to see if it was him, why when he kissed me my whole body went weak (I had never had this before), and why I felt like I'd known him for years when I only had known him a few months. When we talked it was like talking to my best friend, and I felt comfortable telling him things I never shared with any of my ex's. I kept really quiet, but then did really girly things that you don't do when you're an adult like writing my name with his last name, and things like that. About two months into our relationship he came over and spilled some peanuts on the floor, he went to pick them up and saw a piece of paper under the couch, and guess what it was a paper with my practice signatures for when we got married. I just about died! Before I could say anything he came over and kissed me and said if things continue like this I would love for that to be your signature! Then, that night (at least I'm pretty sure) we conceived our daughter, and I haven't been happier in my whole life. I still get butterflies when he comes home after being apart for awhile. That's how I knew he was the ';one';
I knew by the 3rd week of knowing him. We married now :)


Something inside me clicked. I felt like I new him for years and it had been less than a month.


Its hard to explain. If you find love, run with it. Whether its been a week or a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment