Friday, August 20, 2010

What do you do if your mother didn't get your husband anything?

A few weeks ago I went shopping with my mother and she bought a few things to give to my husband for christmas. Well we had a bit of a falling out a week ago so we haven't been talking. Well my brother came over and brought the kids gifts and gifts for me (even though we had a falling out) but the gifts my mother got for my husband she gave to someone else! I got a lot of things from her and so did our kids but my husband didn't get anything, I feel so horrible, I want to just call and tell her off! What do I do and how do I make my husband feel better and let him know I still love him and I'm sorry my mom is such a rude person?!








A little info on my mother: She use to beat me as a child but when I became an adult she told me sorry and cried with me and I forgave her. She's always had a crazy problem (she yells A LOT) and once my husband told her if she cannot control her yelling in front of our children she can no longer come around them (they would cry and run away from her when she would yell). She apologized and we told her she can come around again. My dad is always telling me she has major problems that's why he left her so long ago. My husband did nothing wrong to her so I don't know why she's like this! Just some advice would be good!What do you do if your mother didn't get your husband anything?
First of all...I'm sorry to hear about such a sad situation at Christmas. Ok that being said, first tell your husband how bad you feel (hopefully he understands that this is not your fault.) I would also consider telling your mom that you appreciate the gifts you and your children received from her, however, it really hurt your feelings that she decided to exclude your husband. Also, you said your mom has problems, it sounds like it may be time for her to look into getting some help. You may want to gently broch this topic with her as well. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes, and it's good that she says she's sorry...but you can only repeat a behavior so many times and say sorry for it repeatedly before people begin to wonder if you are truly sorry. Either she isn't sorry or she needs help to control herself. I truly hope things get better for you, hang in there.What do you do if your mother didn't get your husband anything?
keep loveing on him and let your mom go with love.
Have a talk with your mother. Confront her with a calm attitude.


Take it slow and tell her how you feel. Communication really works.





If not, take her to Dr.Phil. See a family counselor.





If your mother could apologize to your husband, that will release all the tension. If your husband could apologize to your mother, also, that would make their relationship blossom.





Hope this helps. Do not yell at your mother, it will make matters worse!





GOOD LUCK!
Well, it's clear your mother has major problems and that's why she acts this way. So, you and your husband have to take it in stride and don't get upset about it. Your husband is right in protecting the kids from her yelling. I hope you are doing the same thing. Develop a sense of humor too.


Basically, continue to let her visit when she behaves, but not if she is abusive. Forget about your husband's presents. Don't worry about it. Don't worry about it if she doesn't give gifts to you either. Or even the kids for that matter.


Just take what she has to offer that is good, and protect yourselves from the bad. Don't think about how she ';should'; be, because you have no power to change her.


Always be polite to her if at all possible.


This way, you can have the benefit of the best relationship with her that you can. Don't expect her to give more than she can or will. In fact, don't ';expect'; anything. Then everything good she does will be a pleasure for you, and you will never be disappointed.


I'm wondering why you think your mother's bad behavior would make your husband think you don't love him. If there is any reason for him to think that, you ought to reassure right now! Let him know you appreciate his protecting the kids. Tonight! While the kids are asleep. Go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment